Broken Tee Jail Break:
When: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 11am Shotgun Start
Where: Laurel Hill Golf Club | Lorton, Virginia
What: Charity outing benefitting Fairways for Freedom
Format: 2-man shamble
Price: $550 / Team
Passionate players know there is nothing better for the mind, body and soul than a golf trip. And this fall at historic Laurel Hill Golf Club, TGJ subscribers and their guests have a chance to give that gift to those who truly need it: combat-injured veterans.
Laurel Hill, which sits next to the crumbling ruins of a notoriously violent maximum security prison and on top of a former Cold War era nuclear missile facility, was featured in Golfer’s Journal No. 5 and is now home to a championship golf course considered by many to be among the best public layouts in the mid-Atlantic.
The Experience Includes:
- Round of golf at Laurel Hill Golf Club
- Entry into the TGJ 2-man shamble (net and gross)
- VIP gift bags from TGJ sponsors
- $50 Linksoul Gift Card
- Reception at the Workhouse Arts Center
- Dinner by Mission BBQ
- Keynote speaker: Combat-injured veteran Jason Miller
- Art exhibition and silent auction including one-of-a-kind pieces of art and golf experiences.
- Additional prizes, surprise guests, and giveaways
The Broken Tee Jail Break will benefit Fairways for Freedom, a 501(c)(3) non-profit that takes combat-injured veterans on therapeutic golf retreats to Scotland and Ireland.
“This trip has definitely changed my life. I loved the mindfulness sessions and am continuing to incorporate them into my life.”
U.S. Army Special Operations Forces
Join the crew from Golfer's Journal and Linksoul along with several contributing artists and combat-injured veterans for an unforgettable event. It will begin with a round of golf at Laurel Hill Golf Club, followed by a reception, keynote address by combat-injured veteran Jason Miller and silent auction at the Workhouse Arts Center. All proceeds will go toward sending combat-injured veterans on a once-in-a-lifetime golf trip.
- Art by Linksoul co-founder Geoff Cunningham
- Art by Dave Baysden
- Art by Christian Hafer
- Art by Kohjiro Kinno
- Art by Evan Schiller
- Custom military-themed Fescue Project Sunday Bag by Seamus Golf & Dave Baysden
- Hosted golf at Sweeten’s Cove with architect Rob Collins
- Hosted day at Jax Beach Muni with No Laying Up Crew
- Hosted golf at Goat Hill Park with Linksoul founders John Ashworth & Geoff Cunningham
- Hosted golf at Laurel Hill with architects Bill Love & Brian Kington
- Hosted golf at Schoolhouse Nine with architect Mike McCartin
- Lessons package from Jon Eisman of Eisman Golf Academy