Brookline’s US Open, as seen through the eyes (and camera lenses) of the Broken Tee Society.
Bump&Run is the weekly recap of our members-only Discord server. Haven’t joined our server yet? Do so here: glfrsj.nl/BTSconnect
thank you, dad
It’s an overused cliche, but one that still rings true for many of us: Golf is a game of fathers and sons. Reflect on Father’s Day with a tribute to the unbreakable connections forged by our game.
boots on the ground
TGJ Programming Director Robbie Vogel suited up for a home game this week, rolling in to cover the US Open on Monday and Friday. Read his recaps for a peek behind the curtain at Phil’s press conference, Geoff Shackelford’s list of complaints, and a post-round interview with BTS Member and University of Texas junior Travis Vick after making the cut. The media sausage in production
From Many, three
Congratulations to Chris Berarducci (aka @ChrisB), Cameron Griffin (@cam), and Patrick Mulligan (@mp610) for taking down the top three spots in our US Open pool! We had 273 entries, and unlike the actual tournament, this one went to a playoff, with both Chris and Patrick’s winning score predictions of -6 being right on the money. Final leaderboard below.
Winners receive $150, $100, and $50 in TGJ cash direct to their Member Lockers.
Thanks for another great week, and we will see you in St. Andrews!
through the looking glass
We had a strong contingent of Broken Tee Society members on site this week, including @DWilsonPGA, who was generous enough to bring his rig. Enjoy a selection of his photos below:
JT putting in some work
Cam Smith toting his pellets
Shane Lowry flashing the magic touch
Scouting the water to the right of 9
climbing the ladder
Up in the Pacific Northwest, the PNW Ladder Challenge is humming along, with matches taking place both asynchronously and in person across the region. We’ve got Members playing to their handicaps, a 77 at Chambers Bay, and a golf course with the all-time name of Useless Bay.
Jump into the thread for some entertainment from our nation’s top-left corner.
A selection of the best (and worst) from around the server this week.
- Midnight golf: Member @MegaKarl99 comes through with some midnight photos from an all-night solstice scramble. Get out there and break some tees on the longest day of the year!
- The champ is here: After covering the golf, Member @Brandonrski headed to TD Garden to capture the Golden State Warriors’ interactions with the US Open trophy.
- Collin love: Morikawa makes a Member’s son’s day at Brookline
- Phil the chill:Behind the scenes of the Mickelson presser
- Rock and roll: Australia’s favorite son navigating some unfamiliar hazards
- 100 holes at Kohler: Member Jeremy Koons recaps his epic spin around the Kohler property, complete with photos and visuals from fellow Member Dylan Bloch
- Becoming self-aware: Member @stormincow brings text-generated, AI-created golf imagery to the server. The future is here, and it looks pointillist.
This week’s featured photo comes from member @DWilsonPGA