Killer Member-created golf videos, in-person BTS meetups, and a full recap of our Broken Tee Society Town Hall. All that and more, in today’s Bump&Run.
Bump&Run is the weekly recap of our members-only Discord server. Haven’t joined our server yet? Do so here: glfrsj.nl/BTSconnect
golf's definitive community
The TGJ team took to the Main Stage last week for our second Broken Tee Society Town Hall. A few highlights follow, with the full recap linked below.
- We’ve rearranged and streamlined the Discord experience to make it easier to navigate and to allow for deeper conversations
- Our new season–URL to IRL–focuses on connecting with fellow BTS members on the golf course and beyond
- Most importantly, we’re turning the TGJ editorial spotlight onto the Broken Tee Society–and inviting you to join the story
"i wish i had played more golf"
These are the final words of the grandfather of last week’s Main Stage guest, BTS Member and entertainment industry legend Michael Davies. They are words that this golf tragic has sworn never to feel compelled to say.
If you don’t know Michael’s name, you certainly know his work. He’s singlehandedly responsible for bringing Who Wants to be a Millionaire to America, cohosts the Men in Blazers soccer podcast, and serves as the Executive Producer of Jeopardy!
Our conversation ranged from golf to game shows, England to America, and everything in between. Plus, stick around to the end for a lightning round in which Michael affirms one of world sport’s largest conspiracy theories.
the bts takes jeffersonville
On Saturday, July 30th, 48 BTS members are set to tee it up at Jeffersonville Golf Club for a (fairly friendly) partners better-ball competition. JGC needs no introduction to Philly-area golfers, and all that the rest of the community needs to know is that this recently restored 1931 Donald Ross classic provides one of the truest and most enjoyable tests of muni golf anywhere.
JGC has twice played host to BTS events, and while @Foster and the van won’t be in town this time around, that just means that a new flock of Crooked Peg enthusiasts will get to experience the magic.
As of publication there are only 2 spots left!
Sign up in at the link below, head to the 🏇│jeffersonville channel for more info, or DM @BirdiesNoBogeys with specific questions.
Sign up for the BTS Jeffersonville Meetup here
-Writeup courtesy of @BirdiesNoBogeys-
broken tee society bourbon bash
Bourbon. Golf. The Broken Tee Society. Need we say more?
BTS Members Cody Davenport and Joe Savoie have been hard at work organizing the 🥃│bts-bourbon-bash, and a few spots still remain up for grabs!
The Bash crew will be hitting multiple distilleries and golf courses across Kentucky in early October, so head to the dedicated event channel above or DM @CodyDPDX for details or to sign up.
Oh, and one last thing – TGJ will be featuring this trip and its participants in an upcoming story. While the format and location remain undecided, rest assured that the golf world will become very familiar with the Bourbon Bash in the coming months.
The Broken Tee Society is chock-full of talented creators, and two Members recently dropped examples of their strong video work into the server for everyone to enjoy.
Dive in below, and head to the 📸│creative channel to showcase your best stuff.
Cutline Films - High Top Fade
Jason Jahnke - 2022 Reel
The best of the past week from the BTS community:
- Vice Captain list: Looking for a list of our 👑│bts-vice-captains? Head to the Governance section of our server, where you can find and reach out to each region’s community leader.
- A meme come to life: Jeremy (aka @GolfBallGallery) is at it again. This time, his quick thinking served to update (and double down on) a timeless meme. And yes, he kept the poster.
- Ice cold beers, here!: @BigDoggClem checks in from Fenway, offering a compelling workaround for those uninterested in stadium concession pricing.
- PNW Ladder is live: @CodyDPDX and the PNW crew are off and running in their asynchronous ladder challenge.
- Won and done: After cashing in on Max Homa and Jon Rahm in back to back weeks, Member @JoshS is starting to separate from the One and Done pack. The strange part? Josh is also organizing the very competition he’s dominating. Coincidence, collusion, or just a strong run of form from a man paying more attention than most? You decide.
on the tee
Wednesday, 2 PM ET
SHANE RYAN: THE CUP THEY COULDN’T LOSE
Shane Ryan, author of “Slaying the Tiger”, stops by the Main Stage to talk about his new Ryder Cup book “The Cup They Couldn’t Lose”. Shane is always game for an in-depth dissection of the pro game, so this should be a fun one.
-This edition’s featured image comes from Tulsa, courtesy of Matt Hahn-