A small invitational tournament just wrapped up in northeast Georgia. See it through the lens of the Broken Tee Society in this week’s Bump&Run.
Bump&Run is the weekly recap of our members-only Discord server. Haven’t joined our server yet? Do so here: glfrsj.nl/BTSconnect
TGJ Senior Editor Tom Coyne spent last week acquainting himself with the sights, sounds, and sensations of Augusta National and the Masters Tournament. His takeaway? The mystique of this tournament is real, and it’s spectacular.
pro shop credit
Congratulations to the winners of our Masters fantasy pool! Check the member locker in your TGJ account for your winnings, and might we suggest an addition to your summer wardrobe?
Tom P: $250
Thomas Holliday: $100
from the grounds of the national
If you missed any of our live daily recaps from Tom’s time in Augusta, along with our conversation with ANWA participant Phoebe Brinker, you can catch them all in the Broken Tee Archive below. Happy listening!
a thousand words
BTS Member and Bay Area Vice Captain Andy Tupman brought his camera along on his journey to Augusta, and the community is better for it.
In line on the lawn
A Titleist’s-eye view of Azalea
ace in the hole
If you’re going to come all the way from Melbourne, Australia to attend one of our events, you might as well make it memorable. And that’s exactly what Quentin Sear did at Champions Retreat on Thursday, when he jarred one on the course’s penultimate hole.
Quentin and his buddies attended the Masters Friday and Sunday, but we’re guessing nothing outdid that one fateful Thursday swing.
Looking to make your own BTS memory? Check out our TGJ events page.
- Not your average Masters pool: from the mind of two BTS members to a $14,000 prize pool and a massive Evans Scholars donation
- A BTS-sponsored golfer? Drop your suggestions here
- Marty Mammel dredges up a stat nerd’s dream: historical scores from every Masters participant.
- A Mid Pines testimonial from a satisfied Dave Panich
- Golf season can’t some soon enough for the three BTS members who met up to get some swings in at a Philly sim
- Adam Scott: a big-game hunter? Cody seems to think so:
on the tee
Wednesday, 4 PM ET
Behind No. 19: Chasing Scratch
From the pages of TGJ to the airwaves of the BTS – Mike Shade and Eli Strait from Chasing Scratch join us on the Main Stage. We’ll talk about their podcast, the journey it’s taken them on, and the experience of being profiled in No. 19.